OAT or GRE?

Started by ewat08
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ewat08

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1.) I do not know much about the GRE and I was wondering what you guys know about the test.

2.) I would have to re-take the OAT and score entirely different. I am not confident in the entire test material on OAT yet. Any OAT Re-takers?

3.) . What Resources did you use for OAT/GRE

4.) . What was your Study Schedule like?
 
1. I know nothing about the GRE. Are you thinking of PA school? A Master's?
2. The OAT- like the MCAT, DAT, etc- is supposed to be a one-time thing. If you retake it, there needs to be significant improvement in your score. For example, if you scored a 300, you need to get a 330 or so.
3. I used Kaplan Test Prep as a supplement to my notes from undergrad. I prefer in-class lectures instead of online ones, but that depends on how you learn best.
4. I studied for the test for approximately 2 months: one month of Kaplan classes, one month of heavy-duty 8-5 studying with practice tests, flash cards, etc at my university's library.