OAT Organic Chemistry Study Guide/tips

optometrykid

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Anybody have any tips on how to study all of the OChem reactions (reagents, products,etc)? As many times as I read through the reactions and try to memorize, I do practice questions and find 10 new reagents/rxns I haven't gone over yet.
Anybody know of any free study guide downloads or anything? Or have any tips for this portion of the OChem?

Thanks and goodluck to all!

Members don't see this ad.

Quizlet can be helpful. I personally just used the one from chads/dat boot camps site. And when I was going over it I would do a run through with just the starting material and then try and figure out the end product and vice versa. Also I would blank out the reagents and just look at starting and ending material to figure it out that way. I think initially it was really overwhelming for me but the more you go over it the easier it gets!

Quizlet can be helpful. I personally just used the one from chads/dat boot camps site. And when I was going over it I would do a run through with just the starting material and then try and figure out the end product and vice versa. Also I would blank out the reagents and just look at starting and ending material to figure it out that way. I think initially it was really overwhelming for me but the more you go over it the easier it gets!

Yeah I see what you mean!! Will do, thanks!!

Is there a link to a quizlet with the reactions/products?
I couldn't find a good one on quizlet. I think it's because quizlet doesn't let you put images on the question portion of the flashcards (sucks why they don't allow this)

I personally used the Anki reaction decks on booster under the flashcards tab: