OAT Physics- equations or conceptual

hopefuloptom21

Reaction score
For anyone who has recently taken the OAT, was the physics section mainly conceptual or were there a lot of equations? I’ve been using the Kaplan book to study but I feel like it mostly has equation based problems. I also have been using the OAT destroyer for physics. Were there any topics you saw frequently compared to others?
Thanks for your help!!

Members don't see this ad.

I took the OAT and am planning to retake so I should know. Physics was mostly questions where you have to apply the equations to find the answer. I would say yes there are a few conceptual qs thrown in as well. But for the most part, they are physics (math) problems. I don't remember everything, but from what I remember, problems on these subjects: acceleration/velocity, word problems invoicing triangles and trig, voltage, tension, magnetic field, frictionless ramp and block sliding down, 2 masses accelerating towards each other and becoming one object. I hope I was somewhat helpful.

Reactions: 1 users
I took the OAT and am planning to retake so I should know. Physics was mostly questions where you have to apply the equations to find the answer. I would say yes there are a few conceptual qs thrown in as well. But for the most part, they are physics (math) problems. I don't remember everything, but from what I remember, problems on these subjects: acceleration/velocity, word problems invoicing triangles and trig, voltage, tension, magnetic field, frictionless ramp and block sliding down, 2 masses accelerating towards each other and becoming one object. I hope I was somewhat helpful.

Very informative. Thanks buddy:)

Thank you! It was very helpful! I wish you luck on your future exam :)

For anyone who has recently taken the OAT, was the physics section mainly conceptual or were there a lot of equations? I’ve been using the Kaplan book to study but I feel like it mostly has equation based problems. I also have been using the OAT destroyer for physics. Were there any topics you saw frequently compared to others?
Thanks for your help!!
I didn’t have many math problems at all. Thank god bc there was no calculator. Most you can do in your head. Very conceptual.