OAT Physics

Started by deleted557498
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted557498

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm using chad's videos to review concepts, and chad's questions + OAT destroyer for practice but most of the questions are calculation-based and I really hate that, I always run out of time doing calculations even though I know the general concepts and understand them. On the real OAT, is it mostly calculations or conceptual?

Also is using chad's and oat destroyer enough for all subjects? I have kaplan but I felt like the questions/exams were too easy even though the actual material is VERY detailed
 
I'm using chad's videos to review concepts, and chad's questions + OAT destroyer for practice but most of the questions are calculation-based and I really hate that, I always run out of time doing calculations even though I know the general concepts and understand them. On the real OAT, is it mostly calculations or conceptual?

Also is using chad's and oat destroyer enough for all subjects? I have kaplan but I felt like the questions/exams were too easy even though the actual material is VERY detailed
It was 50/50 for calculations and conceptual. Chad's + Destroyer + Kaplan should be enough. I personally didn't spend enough time on physics as much as I wish I would've liked to. So definitely spend enough time on it as you do for the other subjects.
 
Its a mix of conceptual and calculation questions. I think Chad's videos are ideal for Physics. His quizzes really help solidify any concepts you cover in his videos and he explains a lot in his videos the conceptual part of everything he teaches.
Kaplan I wouldn't recommend for practice; its great for the summary/general over view of concepts. I found it helpful mostly for the Biology portion of the exam.
 
I honestly didn't think the destroyers were helpful. It was mentally draining and discouraging. I scored top 90% on all my sciences and couldn't even sit through a page of the destroyer without getting a bunch wrong. I recommend using Kaplan practice question after reading the book + chad's video + youtube videos for further topic breakdown. The test was 50/50 calculation and conceptual. Some of the questions you don't have to really spend a lot of time "calculating" if you understand it.