OAT Physics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted557498

I'm using chad's videos to review concepts, and chad's questions + OAT destroyer for practice but most of the questions are calculation-based and I really hate that, I always run out of time doing calculations even though I know the general concepts and understand them. On the real OAT, is it mostly calculations or conceptual?

Also is using chad's and oat destroyer enough for all subjects? I have kaplan but I felt like the questions/exams were too easy even though the actual material is VERY detailed

Members don't see this ad.

I'm using chad's videos to review concepts, and chad's questions + OAT destroyer for practice but most of the questions are calculation-based and I really hate that, I always run out of time doing calculations even though I know the general concepts and understand them. On the real OAT, is it mostly calculations or conceptual?

Also is using chad's and oat destroyer enough for all subjects? I have kaplan but I felt like the questions/exams were too easy even though the actual material is VERY detailed
It was 50/50 for calculations and conceptual. Chad's + Destroyer + Kaplan should be enough. I personally didn't spend enough time on physics as much as I wish I would've liked to. So definitely spend enough time on it as you do for the other subjects.

Its a mix of conceptual and calculation questions. I think Chad's videos are ideal for Physics. His quizzes really help solidify any concepts you cover in his videos and he explains a lot in his videos the conceptual part of everything he teaches.
Kaplan I wouldn't recommend for practice; its great for the summary/general over view of concepts. I found it helpful mostly for the Biology portion of the exam.

I honestly didn't think the destroyers were helpful. It was mentally draining and discouraging. I scored top 90% on all my sciences and couldn't even sit through a page of the destroyer without getting a bunch wrong. I recommend using Kaplan practice question after reading the book + chad's video + youtube videos for further topic breakdown. The test was 50/50 calculation and conceptual. Some of the questions you don't have to really spend a lot of time "calculating" if you understand it.