OAT Practice Test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fayevalentine

See you space cowboy.
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used the OAT practice test and if so how does it compare to the actual DAT? I know it's written by the same people.

Members don't see this ad.

I took the OAT practice test, there are A LOT of errors on there. I would use it for question bank, but not really an indicator. I had to email my organic professor to clarify some of the questions and he even said that the answers were not right.

I took the OAT practice test, there are A LOT of errors on there. I would use it for question bank, but not really an indicator. I had to email my organic professor to clarify some of the questions and he even said that the answers were not right.
Thank you for the head's up! I feel bad for all the pre-optometry students trying to study now.

Thank you for the head's up! I feel bad for all the pre-optometry students trying to study now.

No problem, I had a meltdown almost trying to solve the problems with errors. I would still say some of the questions are pretty good, to see where you are in your learning. I found some holes in my learning. My exam is in 3 days, so I am mostly studying my answering other people's question's here and looking up the information I may not know!

Members don't see this ad :)
No problem, I had a meltdown almost trying to solve the problems with errors. I would still say some of the questions are pretty good, to see where you are in your learning. I found some holes in my learning. My exam is in 3 days, so I am mostly studying my answering other people's question's here and looking up the information I may not know!
Haha aww I could see why! It's so frustrating when the "authority" on a test includes wrong information! Good luck, I can't wait to hear your awesome scores :).

Haha aww I could see why! It's so frustrating when the "authority" on a test includes wrong information! Good luck, I can't wait to hear your awesome scores :).
Hate to change the topic of you post a little, but do you find any weird facts that are good to know for the DAT? When is your exam?

Hormone functions, functions of certain cells. Maybe like how RBC don't have organelles so they don't consume all the oxygen they bind.

Not far from mine haha. Best of luck, I think you and I are in the last stages of studying. I can not wait to be done. BC is promising with my scores. 19-20 average. Got a 21 on exam 3. Some scores are higher 22+ on different tests. but my averages are around there.

Do you use bootcamp?

Hormone functions, functions of certain cells. Maybe like how RBC don't have organelles so they don't consume all the oxygen they bind.

Not far from mine haha. Best of luck, I think you and I are in the last stages of studying. I can not wait to be done. BC is promising with my scores. 19-20 average. Got a 21 on exam 3. Some scores are higher 22+ on different tests. but my averages are around there.

Do you use bootcamp?
I can't wait either! We will finally be able to enjoy the summer. I do use bootcamp, but I'm trying not to pay attention to my scores since they are all over the place (18-22).

Ugh, hormone functions! Lol in my studying I've noticed that it's the pituitary gland hormones that seem to pop up all the time, so I would familiarize yourself with those if you haven't. If I think of any specific facts I will send them on over :).

I can't wait either! We will finally be able to enjoy the summer. I do use bootcamp, but I'm trying not to pay attention to my scores since they are all over the place (18-22).

Ugh, hormone functions! Lol in my studying I've noticed that it's the pituitary gland hormones that seem to pop up all the time, so I would familiarize yourself with those if you haven't. If I think of any specific facts I will send them on over :).

an easy way I found to remember which secretes what. Anterior is A LOT, Posterior is Piuny (idk how to spell it lol) but small. Post, ADH and Oxytocin, and then the Anterior is a lot so like LH,FSH, GH, Prolactic, thyroid stim, ACTH

Im not trying to get too caught up either. I feel they are a good sign. Bootcamp does seem a little tougher than the DAT could be in some aspects.

Reactions: 1 user