OAT Practice test

spate44

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am studying for my OATs this summer and I plan on taking them on Aug 6th...I just took a practice test yesterday and my AA was 280. I havent finished reviewing all the material but the score is pretty low...should i be freaking out? I want to apply early with 90 hours and my gpa is a 3.2...:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

do you currently have 90 hours, or will you have 90 hours before going into the school?
i'm in a similar situation, i currently have 65 hours and i'm going to take the OAT soon. I havent taken any bio classes, so i'm trying to learn it all myself in a short time frame. my advice is to get a mcat or some review book and just study hard. make sure you know the test format and everything and take plenty of practice tests so that you will feel comfortable during the test.
dont freak out!

i will have 90 hours after this year and ive been using the kaplan oat review notes and recently started using kaplans fundamental review for the mcat...it just sucks cuz i feel like im not retaining any of the information i study

do you currently have 90 hours, or will you have 90 hours before going into the school?
i'm in a similar situation, i currently have 65 hours and i'm going to take the OAT soon. I havent taken any bio classes, so i'm trying to learn it all myself in a short time frame. my advice is to get a mcat or some review book and just study hard. make sure you know the test format and everything and take plenty of practice tests so that you will feel comfortable during the test.
dont freak out!

And you plan on entering fall 09?

Members don't see this ad :)
ya me too! im almost done...just need to take microbio! but i dont know if i'll get in early cuz of my GPA

its average i believe...the entering 2007 class of ico had a mean gpa of 3.4 i believe...I just took an OAT Achiever practice test today and had pretty low score and I know people say that the Achiever is ALOT harder than the real thing but i was really surprised because on most of my Kaplan practice test i was scoring in the mid 300s and on the achiever i scored in teh 200's...should i be scared?

you definitely should not be scared. I got a 350 on kaplan and then I got a 290 on achiever. Then I got a 380 on the opted sample test. If you haven't already, take the opted sample as it is closest to the real exam and you'll probably do great.