OAT preparation ... need tons of help

Started by nquinn
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nquinn

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So,

I'm considering taking the OAT to see if I could even be accepted into optometry school.

I graduated in '02 with an electrical engineering degree / bioengineering minor.

At this point, I've forgotten a LOT of material. The math and reasoning sections are no big deal. I can also refresh most of the physics pretty quickly.

I'm mostly concerned with the natural sciences / chem / organic chem sections of the test.

Can anyone recommend some good BASIC books that won't go too in depth, but give me most of the information I'll need to get by for the test?

Thanks,

-Neil
 
for the natural sciences, the only book you will need to study for the OAT is the DAT study guide. i forget the name, but it is the "official" something or another DAT book. 👍

nquinn said:
So,

I'm considering taking the OAT to see if I could even be accepted into optometry school.

I graduated in '02 with an electrical engineering degree / bioengineering minor.

At this point, I've forgotten a LOT of material. The math and reasoning sections are no big deal. I can also refresh most of the physics pretty quickly.

I'm mostly concerned with the natural sciences / chem / organic chem sections of the test.

Can anyone recommend some good BASIC books that won't go too in depth, but give me most of the information I'll need to get by for the test?

Thanks,

-Neil
 
Hey,

I used the big MCAT Kaplan book as an overview. Then I had to use my own notes and old textbooks for a better understanding of some of the concepts. I found Topscore Pro quite helpful too.

Ning-Ju
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I used DAT Achiever (now with the OAT version ready) and my old science textbooks. Make very sure that you refer frequently to the scope of examination stipulated at the ASCO website too.