OAT question!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wakimmie

Reaction score
Hello there,
I just took my OAT and didn't get the score I wanted. I got 310AA and 330TS with a 1 percentile in RC. I was wondering if there is a minimum cut off score you must meet in order to get accepted? Should I retake it just in case?

oat.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
some schools prefer that you have a score of 300 or higher in the sections and they do primarily look at the science sections but a 220 is concerning. you could reach out to schools admissions departments and speak with them directly about your concerns! i had set up zoom and phone calls with schools i was interested in before applying and they were able to go over my academic records and give suggestions on whether i should retake a class or the oat!

Hello there,
I just took my OAT and didn't get the score I wanted. I got 310AA and 330TS with a 1 percentile in RC. I was wondering if there is a minimum cut off score you must meet in order to get accepted? Should I retake it just in case?

View attachment 329916
Most of the schools want to see you score over 300 for both TS and AA and you got that. Your science scores are all really good except for physics. But I still believe you have a chance of getting into school with those scores. I've seen people get in with lower scores than yours, so I think you should try to apply and see what they say.

Good luck and let me know how it goes :)