Oat rc!!!

EyeWitness

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ive been using mcat kaplan to study for the OAT and their strategy for RC is how most of the questions ask things like why is the author writing this, what is his purpose, but the kaplan, thin 2 practice oat tests, have mostly information based questions. So is it true that RC on the OAT is looking for more fact questions like so and so is composed primarily of... as opposed to, the author would most likely agree with (like on the mcat)... or is there more of a mix, and if there is how many are facts and how much is more of the analyzing? (rough ratio would be nice)

And just to clarify the RC section of the OAT has 50 minutes to do 50 questions? And QR is 45 minutes to do 40 questions? ( i dont understand why the kaplan book has different times and number of questions listed for the oat than the opted web site, wtf)

Members don't see this ad.

Ive been using mcat kaplan to study for the OAT and their strategy for RC is how most of the questions ask things like why is the author writing this, what is his purpose, but the kaplan, thin 2 practice oat tests, have mostly information based questions. So is it true that RC on the OAT is looking for more fact questions like so and so is composed primarily of... as opposed to, the author would most likely agree with (like on the mcat)... or is there more of a mix, and if there is how many are facts and how much is more of the analyzing? (rough ratio would be nice)

And just to clarify the RC section of the OAT has 50 minutes to do 50 questions? And QR is 45 minutes to do 40 questions? ( i dont understand why the kaplan book has different times and number of questions listed for the oat than the opted web site, wtf)

I don't remember the exact amount of time for the sections, but i know the time and number of questions was a little different from what the kaplan book said, i think there may have been fewer than 50 RC questions in 50 minutes but im not positive, i took my OAT a while ago. i remember it was geared more towards facts rather than analyzing though.