OAT reading section

Bwilber

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does this section have huge bearing on your overall score? How hard is this section?

Members don't see this ad.

Does this section have huge bearing on your overall score? How hard is this section?
I'm not totally sure how much it factors in to the overall score. On your score report, you will see a score for each section but then as I understand it what is reported to schools (and listed for you to see) is only your Total Science/Academic Average. Reading comprehension only factors into the academic average score and not total science (and likewise for quantitative reasoning). I personally didn't think reading comprehension was that hard. Kaplan's strategy for taking notes on each paragraph on your sheet as you go helped me get through the section quickly!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not totally sure how much it factors in to the overall score. On your score report, you will see a score for each section but then as I understand it what is reported to schools (and listed for you to see) is only your Total Science/Academic Average. Reading comprehension only factors into the academic average score and not total science (and likewise for quantitative reasoning). I personally didn't think reading comprehension was that hard. Kaplan's strategy for taking notes on each paragraph on your sheet as you go helped me get through the section quickly!

Is OAT reading harder than SAT reading? How was the physics section for you?