OAT resources

Xenni

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just decided to try to get into Optometry, and I got some questions regarding some of the resources available for studying the OAT.

a) From some of the threads in the forum, I saw some people uses the Kaplan MCAT review books to study for OAT. Since the book is for MCAT, I am just wondering if the books have enough (or too much) information for the sections in OAT.

b) Relating to the first question, I saw in amazon that they are selling a "Kaplan MCAT Review Complete 5-book Subject Review", are they actually the same as the Kaplan MCAT *individual subject* review note books combined into one set?

c) Another resource I am consider using is the Kaplan course (in-demand). For anyone that took their courses, how are their lectures/notes (stated as 1000pages covering all subject) compared to the review books I can get from stores, are they more or less the same? lacking?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there!
This might be a really late reply but i'm currently selling some of my old OAT material. I just took the OAT this past August and used Kaplan books and OAT Destroyer. I think those 2 books books really helped me alot. I did try to look over some Princeton MCAT books at the library and sometimes it is a bit too much information. Kaplan really keys in on the main points and tries to get you to focus on that instead of so much little detail.

I took the lecture in class and they go by really fast. They break up each section into 2 parts and teach in 1 lecture every part. So that's cramming like the first part of bio in 3 hours... that's quite a lot of information and much is from your own outside studying.
The review book is definietly different from what you get outside. It's much thicker with a lot more information than the ones you see in the library.

PM me if you have any interest in purchasing these books and studying from them without the class! I also found the Destroyer to be really helpful because if gave me lots of extra problems to do =]

Reactions: 1 user