OAT results and discussion

Started by wizzleg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wizzleg

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,


I just took my real OAT exam today.

My scores,

BIO 370
Gchem 350
Ochem 390
RC 270
Physics 320
QR 360
TS 360
AA 340

As you guys can see, I am happy with all of my science scores. But, what worries me here are my RC scores!! I scored below average! I don't know what happened. I am generally a very slow reader and I may have freaked out during the exam!

I read on here that certain schools have a minimum for the RC section in order for them to even consider you. I really want to attend UC Berkeley School of Optometry but afraid that I may not be able to anymore.

Obviously, I am not going to take the exam again!! Any advice on what to expect with such low RC scores?
 
The only thing I can say is they might ask you about it in the interview just to see what you would say? So when you plan for interviews maybe have a reason ready.