OAT Results. Need advice

Kateyed

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody. I'm new to this website and just wanted some quick advice. I took the OAT yesterday, and I am happy with my scores besides Biology. I am a junior so I have only taken Gen Bio and did not cover most of the material on the test. Of course I thoroughly went through the Kaplan book but there is just so much information it is difficult to retain it all. Especially since it was the first section and I was very nervous. Should I be worried about my Biology score? I have a 3.7 GPA and my scores are:

AA: 330
QR: 320
RC: 400
P: 300
B: 260
GC: 340
OC: 330
TS: 310

Members don't see this ad.

I want to say they hold the science scores more accountable but I'm also new to this website so hopefully someone can give you better advice. What are your grades for Gen Bio? If they are high they may take that into consideration. On your interviews, make sure you're ready to explain why you got a low bio grade

I want to say they hold the science scores more accountable but I'm also new to this website so hopefully someone can give you better advice. What are your grades for Gen Bio? If they are high they may take that into consideration. On your interviews, make sure you're ready to explain why you got a low bio grade
Average. Just B's because they use Gen bio to weed out a lot of students. I just don't feel it is fair to retake the whole test for that one section. Especially when it's technically a subsection ya know? I don't want to get to the interview and them ask me to retake it when my overall score and total science are perfectly fine.

I would call the specific schools you are applying to and get their input. I did with my scores and they gave me their honest opinion which helped a lot! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Some schools might make you retake, but definitely call the schools your are applying to. I have heard of some having to retake due to lower reading comp scores o_O but i do believe they hold the science sections more accountable... good luck! and definitely browse this site more, there is a lot of information hidden away!

Some schools might make you retake, but definitely call the schools your are applying to. I have heard of some having to retake due to lower reading comp scores o_O but i do believe they hold the science sections more accountable... good luck! and definitely browse this site more, there is a lot of information hidden away!
I have actually heard that schools hold reading comp more accountable because it's simply the ability to understand what you're reading which is important. But I am only applying to one school because I am in a 3/4 affiliate program with that school and my undergrad school. Im hoping they will understand that I haven't taken many biology courses yet. I'm too scared to call especially since my interview is Thursday and I don't want to psych myself out. Thank you! I've been looking and see that many people have been accepted with a low section when they had a good GPA and good optometric experience which I do. I'm just hoping that those factors as well as the fact that my total science is 310 and my AA is 330 will be fine.