OAT retake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hbk4321

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was planning to retake my Oats on Nov 5th but now I feel like I probably need a lil more time to feel best prepared. Is it going to be super late to take my oats late November? I've been seeing the schools already interviewing students and accepting them so I'm very scared. I have applied already but all the schools have put my application on hold till I retake my oats. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

My application is on hold too! I spoke to all the admissions committee at all the schools I applied to and they told me even if I take my OAT in December it is not to late because they are accepting all materials until Feb- April next year depending on the school. Im planning on taking my OAT during the Christmas break.

Reactions: 1 user
If you feel that you need more time, the wise thing I my opinion would be to push it. It’s an important and expensive exam so you wanna do the best you can without having to take it so many times. It’s worth having an amazing OAT score over a mediocre one when you’re applying

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,

My application is on hold too! I spoke to all the admissions committee at all the schools I applied to and they told me even if I take my OAT in December it is not to late because they are accepting all materials until Feb- April next year depending on the school. Im planning on taking my OAT during the Christmas break.
would you mind sharing what schools you spoke to that said it would still be early?

Hey,

Would you mind telling which schools told you that? The schools I applied (ICO, NECO and MCPHS) told me that they'll review my file once again once they get the new score. Not sure if I'll be considered an early applicant or late applicant.

If you feel that you need more time, the wise thing I my opinion would be to push it. It’s an important and expensive exam so you wanna do the best you can without having to take it so many times. It’s worth having an amazing OAT score over a mediocre one when you’re applying
Yes you are right! Thank you for your feedback.

hi
sorry asking you a stupid question.

where do you see "on hold " status? I can't find any where?

thanks
Hi. The schools email you telling you that your application is on hold. No specific place on application shows you that.

Hi. The schools email you telling you that your application is on hold. No specific place on application shows you that.

thank you so much for your quick reply.
but what happen if I didn't receive any email ?

I took the OAT in January and I still got interviews and accepted into schools. It is not late to take it in november or december. Don't worry, just focus on studying and doing well on the exam. Take as much time as you need to study.

I took the OAT in January and I still got interviews and accepted into schools. It is not late to take it in november or december. Don't worry, just focus on studying and doing well on the exam. Take as much time as you need to study.
do you mind me asking where you got interviews? sorry I'm just alittle freaked out about taking it in november

do you mind me asking where you got interviews? sorry I'm just alittle freaked out about taking it in november
I got interviews at NECO, Salus, and Midwestern. You can apply now without your OAT, you'll just be on hold until the schools get your OAT score.