OAT sample exam from AOA website

mseyes

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey does anyone know if the sample OAT sample exam is a good representation Or is it too easy from the AOA website. It's from 2006. Any thoughts? Let me know thanks guys!!

Members don't see this ad.

I did not take OAT yet, but for me, it is easier than Kaplan test.
Do you know where I can get the explaintion sheet for physics?

The OPTED test is significantly easier than the actual exam, do not let it lull you into a false sense of security. On the practice exam I scored around TS/AA 350/360, and on the actual I scored 330/340. I thought Kaplan's tests were challenging enough to stack up to the real thing, I'd normally get around a ~320 on those.

I agree with Eyecandy09. The real thing is harder, especially the sciences. My biology section was absolutely ridiculous. I'd gone through Destroyer without much difficulty but the questions on my test were just really obscure and didn't make a lot of sense. On a more positive note, I did think the QR section was a fairly good representation of the real thing.

And just so you know - there are a few mistakes on that test. There were a few organic chemistry and physics questions that I KNEW I got right but the answer key said they were wrong. I did a search and there is a thread somewhere on this forum with the corrections. Just do a google search and it will come up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys for your feedback! i appreciate it!! I did the sample exam today and it went well. I did find those mistakes too blackorchid. Good catch! 2 days short of 2 weeks till the big day, using top score tests this week.. wish me luck!! :)

I agree, I thought the AOA test was easier than the real OAT. I probably scored 30 points higher on that practice test than on my actual OAT. Kaplan is probably closer to the actual difficulty and I think TopScore was most representative of the real difficulty.

I agree that the AOA's exam posted is a lot easier compared with Kaplan. However, I felt that the Physics portion on the practice was a better indicator of my performance on the actual exam in comparison to Kaplan. But like everyone said, don't get a false sense of security from the AOA's practice exam. The more practice, the better you will do!
Good Luck!

I remember reading somewhere and being told that there was an ACTUAL, ONLINE practice OAT Test on the ADA website. Have they replaced it with the pdf 2006 one?

Does anyone know where I can find the online OAT practice from ADA? or AOA?

Thank you!

I remember reading somewhere and being told that there was an ACTUAL, ONLINE practice OAT Test on the ADA website. Have they replaced it with the pdf 2006 one?

Does anyone know where I can find the online OAT practice from ADA? or AOA?

Thank you!

The 2006 pdf test you are talking about is the one on the ADA site, and that's the sample test everyone else is referring to. It is definitely easier than the actual test, but it's a good starting point.