OAT Score Concerns

sgray21

Reaction score
I am almost done with my application, and I plan on retaking my OAT. The first time around I got a 260, and I have been making 250s on my Kaplan tests. I feel like I am not going to score as high again with the test coming up in a week. Otherwise, I have experiences shadowing, 3.58 gpa, all of my prereqs done, lots of leadership and volunteering experiences, and good recs (2 optometrists, my prehealth advisor, and one of the Deans of my college). Do I even stand a chance of getting accepted if the score isn't good again? I really want to get into UIWRSO.

Members don't see this ad.

Everything with the exception of the OAT score will work in your favor. WIth that said, I would retake it and give yourself a few months (minimum) to study and really hammer down aspects that are causing issue. I live in Missouri but applied nationwide as I didn't have a strong preference as to who accepted me. So, if you're willing to move that might be something to look into. My OAT wasn't super high but I was accepted into ICO, I believe they (all schools) look at you as a whole instead of just one score.