OAT score suggestions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JAB1215

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm currently scheduled to take the OAT in about 3 weeks; but do not feel too confident about it. I took a practice exam today & scored a 300 AA. However, my goal score for the actual OAT is around a 350. I was wondering, in anyone's opinion, is 3 weeks enough time to bring up my score to a 350? I know what my weaknesses are, but I'm just afraid that I won't have enough time to finish studying as I would like to. I thought about rescheduling it, but the next available test date isn't until the first week of September. Would taking the OAT the first week of September be too late? I am almost done with my OptomCAS application & am hoping to have it submitted by beginning-mid August.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Oh absolutely not. September is not late at all. I honestly believe 3 weeks isn't enough time UNLESS you really sit down and study 3-5 hours each day.

There are countless forums about this type of question, but honestly dont obsess too much. Study as much as you can, take the OAT, and hopefully at the end you'll feel like you did everything you could've done -- and that's a good feeling regardless of your score. Depending on what practice test you took you might score 20-30 points higher on the oat without any effort. Will 3 weeks be enough to bring it up 50 points? Maybe... but all you can do from now until then is study your ass off, remain positive and hope for the best