OAT score vs DAT score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnss

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just recently wrote my OAT exam and ended up getting close to the 90th percentile (350). I was wondering if I was to write the DAT would I expect similar results or is the percentile skewed more in the OAT exam. I know the majority of the topics are the same between OAT and DAT, and when I was doing the KAPLAN online sessions the DAT and OAT sessions were mixed together except for physics section on OAT.

Has anyone written both exams and know if they are graded similarly? My only concern is more smart people are taking DAT and therefore the percentiles will be different when compared to the OAT.

Members don't see this ad.

Why would you want to do that...?

Reactions: 1 user
Dentistry is also an interest for me. I am debating if I should write the DAT since everything is fresh in my head right now.

It might be the same similar for the sciences. But the DAT has the perceptual ability portion. You will have to study a lot for that.
You could take some practice tests, like DAT bootcamp to see how you score compares.