OAT scores, advice please!

xjane92

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I took my OAT in Sept and was wondering if I could get advice on my scores and if I should retake it or not

QR 360
RC 330
BIO 360
GC 310
OC 340
PHY 340

TS 340
AA 340

As you can see my lowest is GC and i was wondering if one low category will be a problem even my other ones are somewhat high. A little more about me, I go to UVA, GPA is about 3.2 so my science GPA is most likely lower than that, and I would like to go to either SUNY or NECO. thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Have you gotten interviews yet? They mostly look at your total science which is great. I had a super low math section and I still got interviews at five out of six places so far including SUNY. I think you should be completely okay a 310 gen Chem isn't even terrible.

Those scores are great! I had as TS 340, but my ochem and physics scores were only 300. I had a similar gpa and I was accepted at OSU and Nova! So basically, you definitely don't need to retake it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you gotten interviews yet? They mostly look at your total science which is great. I had a super low math section and I still got interviews at five out of six places so far including SUNY. I think you should be completely okay a 310 gen Chem isn't even terrible.

Hey CollSmith! I havn't applied yet as I am a third year but will next cycle. I was just wondering if I needed to retake it because I have some time left before applying.

Those r great scores.
Oat scores r valid for 2 years I think.
U should be good for next cycle.
Just apply early. (July, aug)

Good scores, you will get interviews places. Though be wary that marks dont ensure acceptance. I went in somewhat thinking that (3.8 GPA and 360 OAT) and was rejected at a school. Good Luck in the future!

Sorry to bring this post back to life. But I just took my OAT this week and these were my scores. My GPA is a 3.33 out of 4.o and I just graduated this past december.

BIO 390 96.8 percentile
GENCHEM 350 88.0
ORGO 400 100.0
READING C. 340 85.9
PHYSICS 310 66.1 (lol)
QUANT REAS 330 80.0
TS 370 94.8
AA 350 93.8

How competitive are my scores? Which schools are the "best" for me? Which ones should I aim for?
Kinda new to this. Any advice would help :)