OAT Scores Advice please

gialloma

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
So I just took my OAT today and I wasn't super pumped about my scores. I am in college right now and my GPA is currently about 3.7. I was wondering if you guys think I should retake the test. Also, my low physics score is partially due to the fact that I have not yet completed physics II yet, in fact, the semester just started.
I'm looking to apply to Pennsylvania School of Optometry, New England, and SUNY. I know SUNY is one of the more difficult ones to get into, but my school of choice is Pennsylvania, followed by New England. Thanks for all your feedback in advance.

Here are my scores.. Standard Score Percentile
Quantitative Reasoning 330 80
Reading Comprehension 290 51.9
Biology 320 61.7
General Chemistry 330 76.3
Organic Chemistry 320 68.5
Physics 290 45.8
Total Science 320 69.0
Academic Average 310 62.3

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
So I just took my OAT today and I wasn't super pumped about my scores. I am in college right now and my GPA is currently about 3.7. I was wondering if you guys think I should retake the test. Also, my low physics score is partially due to the fact that I have not yet completed physics II yet, in fact, the semester just started.
I'm looking to apply to Pennsylvania School of Optometry, New England, and SUNY. I know SUNY is one of the more difficult ones to get into, but my school of choice is Pennsylvania, followed by New England. Thanks for all your feedback in advance.

Here are my scores.. Standard Score Percentile
Quantitative Reasoning 330 80
Reading Comprehension 290 51.9
Biology 320 61.7
General Chemistry 330 76.3
Organic Chemistry 320 68.5
Physics 290 45.8
Total Science 320 69.0
Academic Average 310 62.3

Nice GPA. Keep up the good work. As for your scores, those are pretty good. Work on bringing you're reading comprehension up, school look at that one in addition to total science and academic average. Nice job, if you keep up the GPA I don't even think retaking the OAT would be necessary but it never hurts if you want to try again... schools look at your highest scores either way.

Hey gialloma, I definitely would be content with your scores especially given your GPA. If you've looked at the incoming class's statistics for PCO (that's my number one school as well) all of your numbers are above their average student profile!

For PCO, you do not need to retake the OAT. But for SUNY I would say yes. SUNY generally invite applicants for an interview with a 320 AA but I've seen them accept students with 340 and higher