OAT scores for admission

Started by rickmtz5
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rickmtz5

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone.. I'm a pre-optometry student with a 3.88 GPA, and I'm getting ready to take the OAT for the first time. I'm pretty nervous about it.. Is there a minimum score that you need to get? Has anyone gotten accepted with low OAT scores? Please share!! 🙂
 
Hello everyone.. I'm a pre-optometry student with a 3.88 GPA, and I'm getting ready to take the OAT for the first time. I'm pretty nervous about it.. Is there a minimum score that you need to get? Has anyone gotten accepted with low OAT scores? Please share!! 🙂

If you have a 3.88 GPA undergrad then you should do very well rock the OAT. It is expected from you.
Hello everyone.. I'm a pre-optometry student with a 3.88 GPA, and I'm getting ready to take the OAT for the first time. I'm pretty nervous about it.. Is there a minimum score that you need to get? Has anyone gotten accepted with low OAT scores? Please share!! 🙂




If you have a 3.88 GPA undergrad then you should have no problem doing very well on the OAT. You are expected to do well. With that GPA you should be accepted into every OD school even if you score little above average on the OAT. Side note, with that GPA you should be taking the MCAT and applying to Medical School. Do you realize or understand what you are getting into ? Optometry as a whole?