OAT scores

Prelude82

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
First time poster, I took the OAT in Februrary and just got my results but I don't know exactly how I fared. Please give me your honest opinions on my scores. I need to know if it's worth my time to take it again or what. My total sci is pretty good but my avg of 320 I am not that comfortable with. Just wanted insight from other ppl.

QR = 300
RC = 290
Physics = 350
General Chem = 330
Biology = 290
Organic Chem = 350

Academic Avg = 320
Total Sci = 340

Members don't see this ad.

Prelude82 said:
First time poster, I took the OAT in Februrary and just got my results but I don't know exactly how I fared. Please give me your honest opinions on my scores. I need to know if it's worth my time to take it again or what. My total sci is pretty good but my avg of 320 I am not that comfortable with. Just wanted insight from other ppl.

QR = 300
RC = 290
Physics = 350
General Chem = 330
Biology = 290
Organic Chem = 350

Academic Avg = 320
Total Sci = 340
Your average score is on the boder line. if you have below 320, u should retake the test, but since u are right on there, then I dont know. A lot of schools will accept you if ur gpa is good.
GOod score in O Chem

Prelude82 said:

QR = 300
RC = 290
Physics = 350
General Chem = 330
Biology = 290
Organic Chem = 350

Academic Avg = 320
Total Sci = 340

It all depends on your GPA, where you're applying, and when you're applying...

The scores themselves seem pretty good to me, but if your GPA is fairly low and you're not applying until September, you might want to consider taking the OAT over.

Honestly, I don't think that I would retake the OAT. However, if you are wanting certain scholarships or acceptance to somewhere that requires an extremely high OAT, you should probably consider retaking it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Prelude82 said:

QR = 300
RC = 290
Physics = 350
General Chem = 330
Biology = 290
Organic Chem = 350

Academic Avg = 320
Total Sci = 340

Your AA and TS fall within the average of students accepted at almost every school. I wouldn't worry about having to retake the test for this reason. If you retake the OAT you may get slightly better subscores, but it’s a hassle and your averages are totally fine. The scores that fall below 300 may raise an eyebrow, but if you have good grades in Bio it will help. Don’t be intimidated by the above average OAT scores on this network...I don’t think it’s a representative sample!

Your scores are fine enough to get in. I just got my scores and they are similar to yours.

AA 330
QR 370
RC 310
Physics 300
Biology 320
Chem 340
O Chem 330
TS 330

One of the schools even sent me a letter and an application form saying:

"We have received your February 2005 Optometry Admission Test scores. Based on your scores, you may be a competitive candidate for the Fall 2005 entering class" ... "However, we will extend your application deadline to Friday, April 15, 2005."

Sounds like they want me to apply for this year for some reason. Those scores are about average I think.