OAT scores

jc812

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wish I had awesome scores like so many of those that posted their scores.

I had a TS310 and AA 320

I don't know if I should retake the OAT THEN apply or if I should go ahead and apply first? Top and bottom scores were GC 290, QR360

Members don't see this ad.

don't worry..it depends on ur gpa and activites ur involved in also...i know people that got in with that score..

I dont think you should stress out but at the same time, call the schools that you are interested in and ask them if you should retake it. remember that they look at your whole application and not just the oat scores! I know people who got interviews with scores like yours.

I wish I had awesome scores like so many of those that posted their scores.

I had a TS310 and AA 320

I don't know if I should retake the OAT THEN apply or if I should go ahead and apply first? Top and bottom scores were GC 290, QR360

GPA is 3.45 BS in Bio and I have work experience in an OD office for 2.5 yrs. I don't know, I just don't feel confident that they will want me!

Do some schools suggest retaking it? Or will I just have to figure that out for myself if I go ahead and apply and receive a rejection letter?

Members don't see this ad :)
Dude, stop freaking out. You're fine where do you want to go is important also. If you're planning on applying out of state then yes retaking it would be a good idea. However, like a previous poster stated, you need to call the school and ASK. If you don't and you do get rejected then you know what you didn't do and it'll suck. I'm taking the OAT in 16 days and I'm hoping for a 340 at least. We'll see; my physics is subpar as of right now and I'm trying to improve reading comp also. I definitely think these are the hardest parts of the exam. I want to go to Nova. Do you want to go? If so, I hope you get in. Good luck with everything. Maybe we'll be friends if you do want to go to Nova. Southern is my second choice at the moment. I have a 3.65 GPA in Biochemistry (tough stuff) and I've been shadowing for like half a year that's it. I did some extra-circular activities also such as Marching Chiefs etc.

I wouldn't retake it. You have a good GPA and your OAT is about average for what most of the schools accept. People on here seem to forget that the stats they compare themselves to are averages not cut offs. The averages are around 330, that would mean at least half of the people accepted had below a 330. Don't waste your time and money retaking it. You have a solid application and will get in.

I called SCO and they advised me to retake it!.. or I would be on the alternate list. =(

i might consider retaking it, your gpa seems right around the national avg but your oat is below avg. and even though ECs, LORs, and other stuff are important for the app, the main things they do seem to focus on is gpa and oat. i would go ahead and apply early and schedule to retake it later...and u never know they may accept u before u even retake it.