OAT Scores?

S

Slee3162

Hi,

So I took the OAT this morning. Ugh :mad: I only gave myself two weeks to study. I wanted to have enough time to take it again (in 90 days) if I needed to.
Here's what I ended up getting:
QR 300
RC 300
Bio 280
G Chem 310
O Chem 240
Physics 260
TS 270 AA 280

Should I even bother taking it again in March? I feel like most schools have already made a decision by then. Should I just wait until the next cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

So I took the OAT this morning. Ugh :mad: I only gave myself two weeks to study. I wanted to have enough time to take it again (in 90 days) if I needed to.
QR 300
RC 300
Bio 280
G Chem 310
O Chem 240
Physics 260
TS 270 AA 280

Should I even bother taking it again in March? I feel like most schools have already made a decision by then. Should I just wait until the next cycle?

Hey, it depends on the school you are applying to. Most schools deadline are either March 1 or the earliest, but if you are applying to one of the schools whose deadline is in April or June, then I would give it a another shot. Look at the deadline link below.

http://www.optomcas.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=61&Itemid=38

If you take this break to study, I'm sure you can bring it up. It's up to you if you want to wait for another cycle if the school you want so you can add some EC or more shadowing experiences to boost your credits. Whatever you decide, you better submit your OptomCAS soon if you want to not be too late.

Hi,

QR 300
RC 300
Bio 280
G Chem 310
O Chem 240
Physics 260
TS 270 AA 280

Don't be upset! You can improve your scores. I had a TS of 290 and AA of 300 and I have three interviews. I will probably retake it because NOVA put my app on hold. You should def study and retake in march...if you think you will be ready. Only take the test when you think you will do well. Boston, Chicago and Florida all take scores until the end of March/beginning of April. If you have to apply next cycle, just apply early and you will be fine.