OAT soon and feeling overwhelmed

micka418

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. My test is on the 21st and I'm freaking out. I've been studying for a few months and yet at the same time I feel as if I don't know anything and can't remember anything. I've interviewed with two schools and both said they want to see the scores before making a decision so the pressure is on.

Any advice or anything is greatly appreciated. Fingers crossed for me please.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Speaking from personal experience, you may never feel like you're 100% ready, but that's okay! The best advice I have is to focus on taking multiple PRACTICE EXAMS. Try your best to simulate testing conditions (i.e. time each section including the 30 minute break in between, use an online calculator, etc.). There are a lot of factors that play a role in testing ability that you don't really think of. For instance, I scheduled an 8am OAT, so I took one practice exam at 8am to see how the early morning would affect me.

As for the last day before the exam, I'd suggest not overexerting yourself - maybe just review any formulas/o-chem reactions that trip you up the most. Make sure to sleep really well the night before and to eat a healthy meal beforehand. You've studied for a few months now, so just approach the exam with a confident mindset (positive mind = positive outcome)! You've worked hard, and the results will surely reflect that!

Best of luck!

Tomorrow is my OAT and I share in your nervousness. Congrats on going and getting through it. That in itself is an accomplishment when many struggle to attempt. ( At least this is what I am using to get myself through :) )

Hello everyone,
I am taking my OAT at the end of the month and would like some advice. I am mostly solid in all the sections except Biology. I have a very little background in Biology and am seeing a lot of these things for the first time. Does anyone have any recommendations of where I can just study the most high yield sections because I am accepting that I will have to boost my score with the other sections at this point. Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone,
I am taking my OAT at the end of the month and would like some advice. I am mostly solid in all the sections except Biology. I have a very little background in Biology and am seeing a lot of these things for the first time. Does anyone have any recommendations of where I can just study the most high yield sections because I am accepting that I will have to boost my score with the other sections at this point. Thanks
Hi! I got all of my bio practice questions from the OAT destroyer. If you can get your hands on a book and go through the questions at least twice you should be set. The OAT destroyer has a facebook page and the guy who handles it; Dr. Romano has a 500+ page pdf of everything you need to know on Bio Section. Feralis Notes and DAT BootCamp Bio notes are a really good tools to utilize as well!!

Hope this helps and good luck!!

Key thing to note about biology is you won't be able to memorize everything. Focus on understanding major concepts and get familiar with the content so you can recognize the right answer when given question prompts on the test.

I used Feralis notes and Kaplan alone to get a 400 on the section. Kaplan gives a nice overview without getting too much into irrelevant detail. Feralis has more than you'll ever need for the test, its dense and a bit cumbersome to go through but its still a good resource. If you do use Feralis I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about all the individual details specifically in the taxonomy section for each major organism group, inefficient use of time IMO.

Overall I used Kaplan more and simply read through the sections a few times.

Key thing to note about biology is you won't be able to memorize everything. Focus on understanding major concepts and get familiar with the content so you can recognize the right answer when given question prompts on the test.

I used Feralis notes and Kaplan alone to get a 400 on the section. Kaplan gives a nice overview without getting too much into irrelevant detail. Feralis has more than you'll ever need for the test, its dense and a bit cumbersome to go through but its still a good resource. If you do use Feralis I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about all the individual details specifically in the taxonomy section for each major organism group, inefficient use of time IMO.

Overall I used Kaplan more and simply read through the sections a few times.
Thanks!

Hi! I got all of my bio practice questions from the OAT destroyer. If you can get your hands on a book and go through the questions at least twice you should be set. The OAT destroyer has a facebook page and the guy who handles it; Dr. Romano has a 500+ page pdf of everything you need to know on Bio Section. Feralis Notes and DAT BootCamp Bio notes are a really good tools to utilize as well!!

Hope this helps and good luck!!
Thank you very much!