OAT study material?

saraopt

Reaction score
I am a Canadian second-year pre-optometry student who's in the optometry pathway in MCPHS. I am taking the OAT this summer, though I have not registered for the exam yet. I am not sure where to start and looked up the recommended books to study from and such, but adding everything up, it's getting really expensive and frankly, I don't have the money.

Does anyone know of any free resources for the OAT?

Members don't see this ad.

join this Facebook group and there are some resources in the files section I believe such as dr. romano's dynamite biology review, it's super detailed.

another resource I used was chad's videos, watched most of the organic chemistry videos and I think I paid like $10 on his website for practice questions

I bought the big blue Kaplan book for like $50ish I think it came with 2 practice exams and Kaplan also has a free diagnostic exam on their website I think. I also purchased oat destroyer (~$99) which might not have been necessary but I wanted extra practice questions and it had a lot but I really only ended up using it for QR and biology practice because the physics and orgo questions were really hard

I also looked up free DAT resources because the OAT is made by the ADA so it is fairly similar, the main difference is they have a perceptual section and we have physics

Reactions: 1 user
I am a Canadian second-year pre-optometry student who's in the optometry pathway in MCPHS. I am taking the OAT this summer, though I have not registered for the exam yet. I am not sure where to start and looked up the recommended books to study from and such, but adding everything up, it's getting really expensive and frankly, I don't have the money.

Does anyone know of any free resources for the OAT?
I'm currently using Chad's videos, Kaplan book, and DATBooster. Out of those, I think only DATBooster and Chad's videos have free content.

Reactions: 1 user