OAT Study Materials

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wwwlongcom

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm planning to take the OAT this coming October. Does anyone have any OAT study materials for sale? Any tips or pointers you can give me? Any information would greatly be appreciated! =D

Members don't see this ad.

From what I saw when I took it (350 overall 360 sciences) was that nothing could replace the fact I went to lecture every day of my science classes. Funny how the day before I took the OAT we studied carboxylic acids in O-chem and there were 3 questions about them. Had it been a class that I frequently skipped chances are that I would have missed all of those questions. The lecture notes would be useful to review.

I also bought the Scholarware CD-Rom, however I did not think it helped me all that much. I never did the reading sections or physics sections and did fine on them. I wish i would have studied the math part on it because I really fouled it up (300) because I didnt ever leave enough time to fill in all my blanks!

i have the official kaplan OAT and DAT books for sale. email me if anyone is interested. [email protected] :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
Get the Lipincott Complete OAT book. It doesn't go into too much detail, but it outlines the basics of what you need to know. Then use your textbooks from 1st/2nd year to fill in the gaps. It's been a while since I took the science classes, so using this method worked really well for me. Also, I agree that the Scholarware CD-Rom is a good investment. It has 3 practise OAT tests on it. The more practise q's the better.

wwwlongcom said:
I'm planning to take the OAT this coming October. Does anyone have any OAT study materials for sale? Any tips or pointers you can give me? Any information would greatly be appreciated! =D

i can sell you the blue book really cheap... but it's a little dirty... my old roommate and i spilled beer on it, so it smells kinda like beer...
name a price in private messaging if you want it...

what exactly is the blue book?

I've been told to take the kaplin course by my advisor... is this something anyone else has done and do you recommend it? Its quite a bit of money...so i'd like to know beforehand.

I didn't take the Kaplan course.. too $$$. If you're dedicated to studying you should be fine with some review books and the practice questions.

I would like to know what to study to do really well on the OAT! I would like recommendations also on sample test material etc. Please let me know.