OAT study time...

FLCBRUIN84

SCCO c/o 2012!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...

How long did everyone give themselves to prepare for the OAT. If you took a review course, how long did you wait after your course was done to take the test. I'm scheduled to take it Aug 20, but I've neglected the material for 2 weeks with finals and stuff. Also, when i first took my OAT diag for Kaplan, with no studying whatsoever here are my scores. Absolutely no studying.

Biology 290
Ochem 300
G-chem 300
QR: 290
Physics 250 (i am just finishing physics this week)
Reading Comp 300

What do you guys think is a reasonable jump from those diag scores after taking a review course? I might postpone taking the OAT since there's really only two weeks left after this saturday.. but the problem is, i'm going on vacation on the 22nd so i just kind of wanted to get it out of the way. But with my gpa, i NEED to do well to even have a chance at SCCO. let me know what you guys think.... THANKS!

Members don't see this ad.

FLCBRUIN84 said:
Hey guys...

How long did everyone give themselves to prepare for the OAT. If you took a review course, how long did you wait after your course was done to take the test. I'm scheduled to take it Aug 20, but I've neglected the material for 2 weeks with finals and stuff. Also, when i first took my OAT diag for Kaplan, with no studying whatsoever here are my scores. Absolutely no studying.

Biology 290
Ochem 300
G-chem 300
Reading Comp 300

What do you guys think is a reasonable jump from those diag scores after taking a review course? I might postpone taking the OAT since there's really only two weeks left after this saturday.. but the problem is, i'm going on vacation on the 22nd so i just kind of wanted to get it out of the way. But with my gpa, i NEED to do well to even have a chance at SCCO. let me know what you guys think.... THANKS!

i think you can pull 300+ in all categories, as long as you continue to study

FLCBRUIN84 said:
Hey guys...

Biology 290
Ochem 300
G-chem 300
Reading Comp 300

I studied about 3-4 hours a day for 7 weeks while attending school, and got a 330AA/340TS