OAT Study

psuun

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering, how much time did you guys allot yourself to studying for the exam? Which part is the hardest?

Members don't see this ad.

I studied for about 10 hours a week or so for about 3 and a half months. The hardest part for me was physics but it really depends on what your weaknesses are. The actual test wasn't as hard as most practice tests (like OAT achiever or Kaplan etc.) but it was harder than the "official" practice test from opted.org. Maybe that will help. Just study and do lots of practice problems and tests.

I studied for 3 weeks from 9am until 4pm monday-friday. Then i did practice tests on kaplan and oatprofessor for 3 days and then took the OAT. I didnt have time to go over a physics and QR, but i managed to score 340AA and 360TS. Im sure it would be higher if i had more time to prepare.

Members don't see this ad :)
The scores are out of 400 but they are standardized and scaled so once you get around 350+ the score is in or around the 90th percentile or higher. The difference between a 360-380 may be as little as 95th-98th percentile whereas the difference between a 310-330 is much greater.