OAT test date

cldud

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was planning to take the OAT around end of March (March 20-24). Is it too late if the school that I'm trying to apply to has a deadline on March 31st?
How early do I have to take the OAT prior to the deadline?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I would do it at the earliest as possible. I think MCPHS has their deadline for application at May. Most schools ends their application date at the end of March. Are you just beginning to study for it?

thank you for your reply.
Yes, I started studying for OAT last month but I feel like I need more time to study for the material. I started studying on O Chem, Physics, and Bio and I'm overwhelmed by the informations that I need to study on. I'm planning to apply to PCO and SUNY. (PCO deadline is 3/31 and SUNY is 4/1)

Last edited:
Not to bust your bubble, but SUNY deadline is actually on March 1st and yes PCO is on March 31st. Those are actually two schools that I applied too! I scored an AA290 and TS280 with a 3.23 GPA and was invited to a interview at PCO. They said they would hold on making a decision until my Fall grade. Meanwhile, SUNY told me I was a strong applicant and told me to retake the OAT before offering me an interview. I retook it a couple days ago and gotten a AA and TS score of 310. In the science section I got an 320-330 except Physics which brought my score down a bit. SUNY right away request an interview when I sent them a picture of my scores.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
wow thats nice. I have a very similar GPA as you (3.22, BS biology) I was hoping to score at least in the 300s. How long did you study for your exam?

First time around, I studied for 3 months. But during those three months, I was working almost everyday and overtime. But when I retooked it, I only studied for a month. Granted I still remembered some of the info last time I studied for it.

Thanks for your share. You think that it would be late if I take the OAT around middle of March to apply to PCO? Or can I still apply after the deadline?

I think you should take the OAT and apply in the middle of March. They do rolling admissions so it's harder to get an offer since most of the seats are being filled up.

I think March 20-24 might be too late for an application deadline that’s at the end of March. Your official scores will take up to 4 weeks to process before it actually gets sent to the schools. I highly suggest emailing the schools you plan to apply to and ask them what they recommend. You can definitely submit your application before taking the OAT but I’m not too sure if schools will extend an interview before they receive your OAT score if it’s so late in the cycle.

Also, if you need to re-take the OAT for whatever reason, you need to wait 3 months before they will let you take it again.