Oat while working Full Time

Hope143

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I am planning to apply to optometry school this upcoming fall. I have average/below average stats (GPA). I really want to do good on the OAT. I was wondering if it’s possible to study for 3 months while working FT to take the OAT (June-August) And is September to late to take it and apply to optometry schools? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

i think it's possible to study while working full time but you're going to have to be very disciplined. if possible, you're most likely looking at studying around 2-3+ hours a day after work and studying on your days off too. i would recommend working part time if you can, for reference i worked part time for a month and a half then asked off the last month before my exam!

Reactions: 1 user
Are you fully done with your undergraduate degree? If so, then it is not unreasonable to work full time and study for the OAT. Three months should also be plenty of time and is the most common amount of time that students use when preparing. With that said, I agree that you will have to be disciplined. Based on the nature of the work, you may find yourself too mentally exhausted to study for hours on any given day. You can always try it for a couple of weeks and if it is becoming difficult, then you may want to scale back your work or give yourself more time before writing the exam.

Reactions: 1 user
i think it's possible to study while working full time but you're going to have to be very disciplined. if possible, you're most likely looking at studying around 2-3+ hours a day after work and studying on your days off too. i would recommend working part time if you can, for reference i worked part time for a month and a half then asked off the last month before my exam!
thanks for your advice! I appreciate it :)

Are you fully done with your undergraduate degree? If so, then it is not unreasonable to work full time and study for the OAT. Three months should also be plenty of time and is the most common amount of time that students use when preparing. With that said, I agree that you will have to be disciplined. Based on the nature of the work, you may find yourself too mentally exhausted to study for hours on any given day. You can always try it for a couple of weeks and if it is becoming difficult, then you may want to scale back your work or give yourself more time before writing the exam.
yes!I am fully done !! and thankyou for your advice :)