Ob/Gyn grand rounds

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. M

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I am a fourth year medical student doing a Sub-I in Ob/Gyn and also presenting at grand rounds. I wanted to pick a topic that would interest residents mainly as well as attendings and do something that also interests me. The residents have already had lectures and presentations such as medical abortion, IUD, postpartum depression, gardasil vaccine, antepartum depression and anxiety...And these are all the areas that interest me. What I wanted advise on is that for the residents out there (and also attendings!) is there a subject or a topic that hasn't really been touched upon that residents have come across in their training?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I recently did a Sub-I in High Risk Obs and came across all those you mention plus
trophoblastic disease, ectopic pregnancy, uterine anomalies, hysterectomy following placenta accreta. Have you seen any cases of interest? Or anything about one individual's situation?

Hi there,

just a thought...since i'm doing a lot of research in this topic...but there is a load of literature out there that describes the increased propensity to heart disease after an experience of preeclampsia. It would be a great way to get everyone up to speed on risk factors for heart disease (number one killer of women as you know...).

Cheers!