Ob/gyn Programs outside MATCH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GYN DOC

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any ob/gyn residency programs that dont participate in the match?

Members don't see this ad.

there are a number of NY programs that don't participate in the match for their preliminary positions. They all had spots open during the scramble week, but have since filled for this year

Thanks for responding. Where can someone find this information? I know some cali schools that had prelim open during the scramble. How do u find out if other schools have them? Cold call?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for responding. Where can someone find this information? I know some cali schools that had prelim open during the scramble. How do u find out if other schools have them? Cold call?

If you had to scramble, you'd be given access on the NRMP website to what programs had open spots.

APGO may be the place to look otherwise

if you look on freida in the search criteria, there are "optional criteria" where you can click on programs with preliminary years (I think) and then all the programs with preliminary programs will come up.
From there, I guess it is a call and question situation.

Seriously! looking at some of those advanced positions, makes you wonder why people decided to leave some of those positions! there's a PGY-2 position at BWH...someone on this board should take that position, given how much people on SDN seem to love that program!

Unfortunately turnover in OB is high especially after PGY1 as the residency is fast paced and the volume of work for the intern is high and expectations to perform leave many interns stressed. Good luck.
D