Quantcast

Ob/gyn Programs outside MATCH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GYN DOC

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Does anyone know of any ob/gyn residency programs that dont participate in the match?

cali-ob

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
there are a number of NY programs that don't participate in the match for their preliminary positions. They all had spots open during the scramble week, but have since filled for this year

GYN DOC

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks for responding. Where can someone find this information? I know some cali schools that had prelim open during the scramble. How do u find out if other schools have them? Cold call?

vegetables

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks for responding. Where can someone find this information? I know some cali schools that had prelim open during the scramble. How do u find out if other schools have them? Cold call?

If you had to scramble, you'd be given access on the NRMP website to what programs had open spots.

APGO may be the place to look otherwise

cali-ob

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
if you look on freida in the search criteria, there are "optional criteria" where you can click on programs with preliminary years (I think) and then all the programs with preliminary programs will come up.
From there, I guess it is a call and question situation.

MichiMO

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

nkow

bouncin' here and there
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Seriously! looking at some of those advanced positions, makes you wonder why people decided to leave some of those positions! there's a PGY-2 position at BWH...someone on this board should take that position, given how much people on SDN seem to love that program!

Diane L. Evans

SDN Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately turnover in OB is high especially after PGY1 as the residency is fast paced and the volume of work for the intern is high and expectations to perform leave many interns stressed. Good luck.
D