OB/Gyn Residency in Denver or Virginia?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

drstudychick

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Guys, what do you know about it and how might I fair? I have low board scores... like, really low, Step 1 was 201, Step 2 scores are pending, and I'm just hoping I passed it. I am in the middle of my class at a top 20 school, got 68-82 on my shelf exams, honored OB/Gyn and Neurology my 3rd year and I have good comments. I'm doing a fellowship sponsored year of research between the traditional 3rd and 4th year curriculum in Ob/Gyn. I am a hard working student who loves Gyn and surgery. I want to be in Denver, Vermont, Virginia or NC for various reasons (I like what I know about these programs, geographic preference, husband's job, proximity to family, etc). One of my preceptors knows VT program well and thinks I'd be great there. I don't know a thing about Denver... am I crazy to think I could match there? I don't meet the criteria for an interview at Exempla according to their website, but UC-Denver's interview low is 190. I know UNC is out of my league (their residents are rockstars!), Duke probably is too. Am I nuts to think about UVA? Thanks for your input!!