Ob/Gyn shelf...books?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cantthinkofname

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who have taken the Ob/Gyn shelf- what did you use to study? I dont know where to start!

Members don't see this ad.

im using blueprints to study and am thinking about purchasing usmleworld for questions. has anyone used UW as practice questions?

I second blueprints--very comprehensive review. Also, ask your clerkship director about access to uWISE--it's a free Qbank on the ACOG website. I'm almost certain some of the questions on the shelf were on there...

Members don't see this ad :)
Blueprints and Case Files...all you need.

UWise questions are the best, but only if your school subscribes to them for you. I think if you buy your own subscription it's really expensive.

UWise questions are the best, but only if your school subscribes to them for you. I think if you buy your own subscription it's really expensive.

Good point. Thanks for clarifying.

People at my school have said that the Kaplan Notes set coupled with Uwise is enough to do well. Apparently the questions on the CD in the Beckham ob/gyn book are also good.

Apparently the questions on the CD in the Beckham ob/gyn book are also good.

Yeah I just heard this as well. Apparently the shelf is based on the Beckham text, as are the UWise questions.

I think the shelf is based on the ACOG ms3 recommendations, upon which the Beckman's book is structured.