OB interview timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

seamonkey21

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long did it take from the time you submitted your ERAS until you started receiving interview offers? Did they extend interviews with just your basic application and board scores but no LORs or school transcript? A lot of programs have uploaded my application and my board scores but my school has not uploaded my letters or my transcript.

Members don't see this ad.

I was offered an interview the day after my ERAS application was uploaded. My USMLE transcript, 2/4 LOR, and photo were downloaded by the program. My school as not uploaded my transcript.

Last edited:
I was offered an interview the day after my ERAS application was uploaded. My USMLE transcript, 2/4 LOR, and photo were was downloaded by the program. My school as not uploaded my transcript.

did you have insanely high step scores?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if OB is one of the specialties where most programs send out their interviews early or on the later side?

How long did it take from the time you submitted your ERAS until you started receiving interview offers? Did they extend interviews with just your basic application and board scores but no LORs or school transcript? A lot of programs have uploaded my application and my board scores but my school has not uploaded my letters or my transcript.

I'm pretty sure this depends on the programs. I got a couple invites within days with my photo, eras, ps, xcript, step 1, and 1 LOR. 10/39 programs have not even downloaded my application yet... I guess it's either because they're filtering based on some criteria I don't meet, or they're waiting for a complete app with at least 3 LORs. Or they're lazy/otherwise don't start downloading until some later date. Prob. also depends on the program, I guess.