OBGYN Match 2019: Apps, Interviews, Results Discussion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dmblue

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know it's early, but I created a spreadsheet for the 2018-2019 interview cycle. It incorporates all of the data and analysis from last years spreadsheet. Hopefully it's as helpful to everyone as last years was.

Link to spreadsheet

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
In light of looking for more reviews about potential programs, I came across Scutwork (sorry I cannot include link since apparently I have not met the minimum number of posts. But the website is easily found through Google search). It is a part of SDN that focuses on providing reviews about programs by students or resident who have been there. The down side (for ObGyn programs) is that the latest reviews I found were posted in 2006, so pretty out-of-date.

I think that this is a good resource not only for us who are applying, but also for future students as well. I just want to point out this resource and hope that we will utilize it more in the future. Now, I cannot comment on the anonymity of posting on here; but we are all smart and resourceful individuals, so I am sure we find a way.

Stay Calm and Keep on with ERAS everybody!

Reactions: 1 users
I also cannot open the document and I am having a meltdown. Please. Please I need to look at it 100 times a day or I’ll die

Did someone turn it to private? Whoever has access, please help :)

The document is on private again. Could someone with access please change that? Thanks!

Does anyone know what happened to the UCR OBGYN program? They had their accreditation removed this week:/

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know what happened to the UCR OBGYN program? They had their accreditation removed this week:/

The program honestly seemed unstable so I am not surprised.

Dr. Noblett only lasted like 1 or 2 years as chair. One of their highly regarded urogynecologists left after a year or two back to Cleveland.

One of there GYN oncologists left after only being there a short period of time.

I don’t know exactly what happened at Riverside but can tell you that Noblett left to become CMO of a new neuromodulation company and the other FPMRS (Ridgeway) came back to Cleveland as a possible candidate for chair at CCF and is currently their interim chair. Not sure if them leaving caused the trouble or if the troubles led to them leaving or if these events are totally unrelated.

The program honestly seemed unstable so I am not surprised.

Dr. Noblett only lasted like 1 or 2 years as chair. One of their highly regarded urogynecologists left after a year or two back to Cleveland.

One of there GYN oncologists left after only being there a short period of time.
What are the obligations of a residency program to it's residents if the program loses ACGME accreditation and subsequently closes? Does the program assist their residents in finding other residency positions? Or are those residents orphaned? What happens to their funding?