OBGYN rankings

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

obgyn doc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, just looking for some advice. Basically forming my rank list at the moment and am trying to decide my number 1 choice. I am aware I might not get it but I am really interested in REI as a fellowship and I want to make myself as competitive as possible. Of the 14 programs I've interviewed at, my favourite were Tufts in Boston and Dartmouth-Hitchcock. I know Boston would have lots more stuff to do when we do get some time off but I am an outdoors person and like new england also. I'm just talking about the programs themselves. Does anyone have any feedback or do people think it would make a difference in terms of fellowship opportunities? Thanks and good luck to all having similar dilemmas!

Members don't see this ad.

May help if you list your programs and their pros and cons.

HI biology 101. Thanks for your reply. Yep I've done that but it still isnt helping! Basically I could see myself living in both places. If pushed I liked the program at Dartmouth better as it had more of a community feel, yet still strong academics but maybe it would be better to be in the Boston melting pot to give myself a better chance at fellowship?! Anyone know how Dartmouth hitchcock would rank nationally as I guess tufts would be upper middle tier?

Members don't see this ad :)
I meant post all of that here, so that we could weigh in on your thoughts.

Hi guys, just looking for some advice. Basically forming my rank list at the moment and am trying to decide my number 1 choice. I am aware I might not get it but I am really interested in REI as a fellowship and I want to make myself as competitive as possible. Of the 14 programs I've interviewed at, my favourite were Tufts in Boston and Dartmouth-Hitchcock. I know Boston would have lots more stuff to do when we do get some time off but I am an outdoors person and like new england also. I'm just talking about the programs themselves. Does anyone have any feedback or do people think it would make a difference in terms of fellowship opportunities? Thanks and good luck to all having similar dilemmas!

Best choice would be to choose a program that has a REI fellowship. If there isn't a program on your list that has that, see where program alumni have gone and the size of the REI department. It's a small community and they all tend to know each other pretty well. I would probably talk with prospective programs/residents and see how they can help you with fellowship interests. Do they allow away rotations? Do they have research support to get some projects off the ground?

Just some things to think about.