Obgyn Residency In Southern California

Started by dsmn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dsmn

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone , this is my first post.With 82 in step 1 and 86 in step 2 and currently OBGYN extern ; are there any chances for OBGYN residency ?

Secondly can anyone suggest some hospitals of southern california
where I must try for obgyn residency with my kind of score record.

I am in southern california , Anaheim.Will sit for match 2007.

Thanks !
 
dsmn said:
Hello everyone , this is my first post.With 82 in step 1 and 86 in step 2 and currently OBGYN extern ; are there any chances for OBGYN residency ?

Secondly can anyone suggest some hospitals of southern california
where I must try for obgyn residency with my kind of score record.

I am in southern california , Anaheim.Will sit for match 2007.

Thanks !

If you want ob, you'll get in somewhere. Start by doing a freida search for community programs in socal and other regions that interest you. California is competetive just because it's California. From some of the interview threads that I've seen on here, USC and UCLA/harbor also seemed a little less focused on board scores. The UC programs might be a reach for you, but it doesn't hurt to apply. Your success in getting interviews will depend greatly on the rest of your application (clinical grades, med school, strong letters, research, extracurriculars, etc). You need something to make you stand out. Good luck!