Observation Hours question

Started by KingGerard
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

KingGerard

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,
I've been observing aquatics for a while now but the person I observe is a PTA. She's the person who conducts all the aquatic therapy at the clinic. Can I get her to verify my hours or does it need to be a PT (not PTA) for them to be taken "seriously?' Thanks
 
Yes, it has to be a DPT. It's still valuable to observe a PTA, but programs want an actual doctor's verification. You should look for opportunities where you can work with a DPT so you can collect hours. I honestly don't think it's less valuable with a PTA, but programs just want that degree.
 
It does not have to be a DPT, but it does have to be a licensed PT (they could have a bachelors or masters degree in PT).