Observation Hours Question

Started by dms6005
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dms6005

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

I am currently an undergrad graduating in May 2017 with B.S. Kinesiology. I am planning on applying to PT schools for the 2016-2017 cycle. My school requires 240 hours of internship for undergrad, so I am not at all worried about fulfilling 'requirements' for applying to schools (most I'm applying to need 50-100 hours). However, I have completed 120 hours at an outpatient setting already, and I am trying to find another setting for my other 120 hours in order to boost my applications to show I have had experience in more than one setting. The only problem is that I will not be able to complete these hours until spring semester of 2017 right before I graduate, when schools have probably already made their decisions on admission.

I know that for prerequisite courses, you don't have to have all the courses completed at the time of applying, but does the same thing apply to observation hours? Do I need to get another place set up for next spring by the time I apply so I can show it on my apps?

Thanks!
 
On PTCAS, you can check off that hours in a setting are still in progress and you can update the number of hours you have when you submit academic update.