Observation hours question

Started by jtb93
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jtb93

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do observation hours in a nursing home count as inpatient? The PT I'm with says they should since the patients are admitted overnight, but I just wanted to check with you guys. Thanks!
 
Do observation hours in a nursing home count as inpatient? The PT I'm with says they should since the patients are admitted overnight, but I just wanted to check with you guys. Thanks!
They do just not acute care. But impatient yes
 
They can count as either inpatient or a skilled nursing facility, which some schools differentiate as "specialty".