Observership HElp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Icandoit_7

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am an IMG who finished step1 and step 2 ck. I have my step 2 cs scheduled for next month.
there is a hospital with residency positions in my area. I want to improve my cv. I need LOR.
I would like ot do observeship in the hospital. I know no one there. If I go to the hopital , who am I supposed to ask for the observership ? should I be celar about my desire to obtain LOR
I highly appreciate your responses

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I am an IMG who finished step1 and step 2 ck. I have my step 2 cs scheduled for next month.
there is a hospital with residency positions in my area. I want to improve my cv. I need LOR.
I would like ot do observeship in the hospital. I know no one there. If I go to the hopital , who am I supposed to ask for the observership ? should I be celar about my desire to obtain LOR

You're going to want to read the websites of any programs you're looking to do an observership/visiting rotation at. They'll have the information you need.

Can anyone plz help me regarding getting an observership offer? Can't afford to go through those expensive agencies.. I'm an IMG (malaysian) In dire need of USCE.. plz help!! :(

Members don't see this ad :)

I get how an externship could get you an LOR.

How could an observorship get you a good LOR? What is the letter going to say? This was the best shadower/observer I ever had. They didn't blink or fall asleep while I entered orders.

Reactions: 1 users
I get how an externship could get you an LOR.

How could an observorship get you a good LOR? What is the letter going to say? This was the best shadower/observer I ever had. They didn't blink or fall asleep while I entered orders.

Actually very difficult to do.

Reactions: 3 users