observing optometrists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cassialoy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

You know for the letter of recommendation by an optometrist, they can't be sent to the schools till after Sept. 1 (close of the summer of junior year). So, is it better to start shadowing/observing optometrists during summer of junior year as to try to get an LOR towards the end of summer or is it better to start during sophomore year but have to go back again during summer of junior year to get an LOR?

Members don't see this ad.

Does your school have a letter of recommendation file service? When I was at undergraduate, the biological sciences student affairs office had this service which allowed the writer to send them the recommendation letter. When the application cycle opened, they would make photocopies of the letters and send them to each school (I believe it cost around $5 for each school to receive all recommendation letters in your file). I used this service and was able to request letters of recommendation before the application cycle began. This allowed a good amount of time for the letter to be written and also avoided when most professors and optometrists I volunteered for to be bombarded with letter requests.