Obsess much?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CTG

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else resorted to checking their phone, e-mail, mail, and refreshing SDN as they await decisions that they thought would come a few days ago? Just wondering.

Members don't see this ad.

seriously...it's like i can't stop my hand....from....hitting....refresh...on...gmail....aahhhhhhh

vn2004 said:
seriously...it's like i can't stop my hand....from....hitting....refresh...on...gmail....aahhhhhhh

Gmail notifier, seriously. It actually notifies you before the new message is in the inbox.

Members don't see this ad :)
Apparition said:
Gmail notifier, seriously. It actually notifies you before the new message is in the inbox.

hehe i know, i use it at home. but i'm at work and we can't download and install new programs on our computers here.

CTG said:
Has anyone else resorted to checking their phone, e-mail, mail, and refreshing SDN as they await decisions that they thought would come a few days ago? Just wondering.

um....yes

Apparition said:

wait, what? how does that work? I'm still using my same AOL account from a million years ago and am quite happy with it. but everyone seems to be switching over to g-mail. is it really that great? do you people recommend i use it?

CTG said:
wait, what? how does that work? I'm still using my same AOL account from a million years ago and am quite happy with it. but everyone seems to be switching over to g-mail. is it really that great? do you people recommend i use it?

yes - gmail is great - switch.

CTG said:

AOL sucks. Your mail gets deleted if you don't save it and the space is very limited. It has a bulky interface and takes a long time to load. Gmail is awesome. It saves everything, you'll never have to delete anything because it gives you i think 2Gigs of space. It keeps everything organized. I would lose track of all schools' correspondence if it wasn't for gmail. It notifies you of new mail even if you don't have gmail open if you download the notifier to your computer. It's very light and easy to use. I totally recommend it. Let me know if you need an invite (i think they still use invites).

Apparition said:
AOL sucks. Your mail gets deleted if you don't save it and the space is very limited. It has a bulky interface and takes a long time to load. Gmail is awesome. It saves everything, you'll never have to delete anything because it gives you i think 2Gigs of space. It keeps everything organized. I would lose track of all schools' correspondence if it wasn't for gmail. It notifies you of new mail even if you don't have gmail open if you download the notifier to your computer. It's very light and easy to use. I totally recommend it. Let me know if you need an invite (i think they still use invites).

Apparition, I tried to send you a PM with my e-mail address so you can send me an invite, but it says you are over your limit and need to delete some PM's before you can receive any more.

CTG said:
Apparition, I tried to send you a PM with my e-mail address so you can send me an invite, but it says you are over your limit and need to delete some PM's before you can receive any more.

Sorry, deleted.

CTG said:

oo yea, totally, and I don't think this is healthy.

you're not a true SDN applicant unless you compulsively check mail, phone and email 300000000 times a day.

CTG said:

That's me!

i go through phases. right now i'm really over it all. if something happens, i'll find out within 24 hours I'm sure. No need to go crazy over it.
-mota

vn2004 said:
hehe i know, i use it at home. but i'm at work and we can't download and install new programs on our computers here.

me too!

its still cool that i can chill on this forum when boss aint around

CTG said:
Send me a PM, I'll invite you