Obsessing About Rank Lists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BCS_001

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Hope everyone is doing well. Anyone else out there having real difficulty picking between two (or three or four or ...) schools at the top of their list? I am definitely at a bit of an impasse in my decision making. Essentially, I am having difficulty deciding whether or not to leave my home institution...the debate over giving up so many things already going on versus the opportunity to see something new. I don't know...just thinking aloud, I guess, and figured others could write their thoughts/dilemmas as they go through this process as well.

Have a great night all!

Members don't see this ad.

me and a friend were discussing htis exact dilemma tonight - we are both having extreme difficulty with number one/two - it gets to be really hard when you think you have a good chance at either - dont ya think? It'd probably be easier if number one was a real reach school, but then again, we'd probably have a hard time with number two and three :p :oops:

Its also hard when programs are similar, but may vary slightly enough that choosing one over the other is a mistake.

Before all this started I thought I would do second looks to kiss butt, now I'm really doing them to figure stuff out!!

Good luck BCS!

BCS_001 said:
Hey,

Hope everyone is doing well. Anyone else out there having real difficulty picking between two (or three or four or ...) schools at the top of their list? I am definitely at a bit of an impasse in my decision making. Essentially, I am having difficulty deciding whether or not to leave my home institution...the debate over giving up so many things already going on versus the opportunity to see something new. I don't know...just thinking aloud, I guess, and figured others could write their thoughts/dilemmas as they go through this process as well.

Have a great night all!

I change my mind every other day. Sometimes you just have to choose your priorities....but that's seems harder than I thought! Personal happiness vs. future opportunities is my problem. Good luck!