Obtaining Necessary LORs

Started by Furan
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Furan

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My undergraduate program is not receptive to providing committee letters to alumni, so I am stuck compiling the letters myself.

The basic requirements of course being 2 letters from science professors, 1 letter from non-science, and 2-3 extra letters. I have 4 very high quality letters right now, but I am missing 1 science letter. I really do not have any viable options in this area, given that one professor "does not write letters", another was taught in a class of 800 and never associated with even once, and the only remaining is an o-chem professor (but my first science letter is already from my other o-chem professor).

It seems my only option at this point is to obtain a letter from a TA for one of my labs, but that seems less than ideal. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.