Obtaining postdoc after licensure?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

HealthPsycDoc

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am license eligible in the state of Utah, which does not require postdoc. However, I want to be license eligible in other states that do require postdoc, and am planning on starting a postdoc in the Fall. If I obtain a licensure in the state of Utah, will I still be able to count postdoctoral hours towards licensure in other states, or will carrying a license in any state preclude me from being able to obtain postdoctoral hours?
 
I am license eligible in the state of Utah, which does not require postdoc. However, I want to be license eligible in other states that do require postdoc, and am planning on starting a postdoc in the Fall. If I obtain a licensure in the state of Utah, will I still be able to count postdoctoral hours towards licensure in other states, or will carrying a license in any state preclude me from being able to obtain postdoctoral hours?

pursuing postdoc after licensure?

Was that you?
-I think your answer was it depends on the state you are applying to.

Get, and document, supervision for whatever you are doing in your post-doc, even after you get the Utah license. But I would also suggest immediately calling ASPPB to ask if this would work/count for the CPQ? With states being so varied and messed-up in terms of what they want/require, play it safe from the start.
 
Last edited: