Obtaining postdoc after licensure?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HealthPsycDoc

Reaction score
I am license eligible in the state of Utah, which does not require postdoc. However, I want to be license eligible in other states that do require postdoc, and am planning on starting a postdoc in the Fall. If I obtain a licensure in the state of Utah, will I still be able to count postdoctoral hours towards licensure in other states, or will carrying a license in any state preclude me from being able to obtain postdoctoral hours?

Members don't see this ad.

I am license eligible in the state of Utah, which does not require postdoc. However, I want to be license eligible in other states that do require postdoc, and am planning on starting a postdoc in the Fall. If I obtain a licensure in the state of Utah, will I still be able to count postdoctoral hours towards licensure in other states, or will carrying a license in any state preclude me from being able to obtain postdoctoral hours?

pursuing postdoc after licensure?

Was that you?
-I think your answer was it depends on the state you are applying to.

Get, and document, supervision for whatever you are doing in your post-doc, even after you get the Utah license. But I would also suggest immediately calling ASPPB to ask if this would work/count for the CPQ? With states being so varied and messed-up in terms of what they want/require, play it safe from the start.

Last edited: