Occurance based Malpractice..Moonlighting

Started by s204367
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

s204367

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Guys,
I currently have occurrance based malpractice coverage...With ocurrance based insurance, does that cover me if I work at another hospital.in another state??..regarding in particular moonlighting. Friend of mine that runs a large group in NYC is having a crisis next week, and I'm around on two weeks of vacation willing to do him a favor for a few days, then hang in the city for a few days...... I'll call the company on Friday, but was wondering if anyone knows this.......
 
My guess would be not, but it really varies by policy. The risk to a company varies substantially by practice location. e.g. they don't want to write a $20K/yr policy and have you go spend a week somewhere that they charge people $100K /yr

You'd do best to get a written response from your carrier.

Is the hospital willing to credential you on such short notice? What about insurance billing?