2PacClone23

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Oceanography?

Is it a science class, and a professor writing me a LOR for it, would constitute a science LOR right? Thanks,

qkchen

7+ Year Member
Nov 17, 2009
Status
Dental Student
might count as "other sciences" imo. some schools only want "science" letters coming from bio, chem, or physics (maybe math) so check with your schools, too.

2PacClone23

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Well as long as it's some sort of science, it's still science so I'm thinking it's alright.

2PacClone23

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Bump. I need to know this as soon as possible. If it is, then great. I have one from a Scipps Institute class, if not then I'm ****** and need to ask others.

Feb 28, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
Bump. I need to know this as soon as possible. If it is, then great. I have one from a Scipps Institute class, if not then I'm ****** and need to ask others.

I would suggest, as it was already posted, that you contact the schools you intend to apply to. I would not expect any pre-dent to be able to answer with 100% validity and I would also not run the risk of letting my application be placed in the "incomplete pile".

2PacClone23

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Okay thanks. Well the thing is.....if it's NOT science then I'm royally F_CK_D because then I'll have to email a bunch of professors I got B's in and didn't get to know at all to pull out a generic but positive LOR.

2PacClone23

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Well the class is offered by the department of oceanography, but the class wasn't about all that. It's not like the LOR sheet asks what CLASS we took. They just mentioned the professor.